Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Shock

When i stepped outside, i thought he was going to say those words i dread. I'm not sure why but the idea of something unusual happening today, seemed tangible.

It was in the air. I could always tell when something was brewing.

Maybe he knows i'm bored with my work.

Maybe he thinks i'm over-qualified for this job.

Maybe its written all over my face.

Maybe. Tons of 'maybes' danced around in my head like crazy elves around a bonfire.

But nothing, nothing prepared me for what came next. A shock.

What? A pay raise?

My boss gave me a pay raise - and a good one too!

I had stared at him in pure disbelief as he summarized my achievements, all the while bobbing his head up and down in reassurance.

And as i walked back to my desk, i thought, if he's paying me good money to do less work, sometimes no work - in general, very little work, then thats simply awesome right?

I get to eat out more in fancy restaurants, shop for more clothes and shoes, buy more novels, go on more holidays and err....save more money?

No, I'm not complaining. Not this time.

And even now, I still can't stop smiling. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris said...

congrats! i have no idea what a pay raise feels like. oh, the wonders of working at a non-profit organization...lol

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home