Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Bad Behaviour

I am so bloody angry. You know the kind of anger that makes you feel like you wanna chop people up?

I hate it when my girlfriends or anyone dear to me make excuses for their partner's bad behaviour.To me bad behaviour is BAD BEHAVIOUR. That is all there is to it. And nothing more. And what do i mean by that?

She went through an abortion. And her boyfriend was at home sleeping. I don't deny that she knows how irresponsible that guy was to not be there for her.

But then she said "There were many times we were supposed to meet - and he didn't turn up cos he fell asleep. I can understand."

What? Hello? Did i hear you right? She was unconsciously making excuses for her boyfriend. And it got me thinking. Is that what love do to people?

Then I rather not be in love. I rather not be lied to. I rather not be cheated. I RATHER NOT be deceived. I mean why would I choose to hurt myself? It just doesn't make sense.

I'm so sick of hearing tons of excuses made up. By her. By other friends. Sick and tired.

"Maybe he didn't mean those things he said cos he was drunk".

"Maybe he hit me cos he was angry".

"Three weeks. Maybe he didn't call me cos he was busy".

"We've been together for five years. And he will find a better job".

"I know he's gonna leave his wife".

Ya-da. Ya-da.

Bollocks to all of that. I'm not even gonna say anything to any of that. In the first place - I don't even have a right to be so angry!

Ha. I need a drink. I seriously need to calm down.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Unknown said...

Calm down, get a drink or two, re-write this entry in something-the-beegees-sang slang and you might feel better because after all, the world's in a mess, wouldn't you agree?

4:45 am  
Blogger rinaz said...

And why do some people still go back into an abusive relationship even though they know that it will not work out in the end?

And then these people will always wonder why it didnt work out.

6:03 am  
Blogger Jay said...

It's not just women who do this, you know.

I used to make excuses for my ex all the time. And when I couldn't come up with any excuses for him ("I understand, the reason you're trying to meet other guys on dating websites is because uh,em, erm...") I simply allowed him to lie to me, just so we could sweep things under the carpet and continue along our merry way.

These days, I'm a lot smarter. Just GIVE me a reason to dump you, buddy.

8:51 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some promises are just meant to be broken......

-Ola

12:57 am  
Blogger Miss Jes said...

Unknown - funny thing is i dunno what Bee Gees sang. Do you think ABBA will work? :)

Marina - some people are just so comfortable that sometimes they turn a blind eye even when the relationship moves to a destructive mode.

jay - Smart move. Something everybody needs to learn.

ola - why did i think it was gonna be any different?

1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home