Friday, January 13, 2006

Sales people can be morons

Sometimes i get really annoyed with sales people. No offence to any salesperson reading this - just that I can never find a salesperson thats balanced enough - in terms of providing customer service and exclusive selling techniques. There's always two extremes, none of which I'm in favour.

Today i was at V.Hive in Funan IT mall looking around for some office furniture. And it was my misfortune to come into contact with one particular salesperson. You know, the kind who can't wait to get out of your face before you even started. The kind who glares silently each time you ask a question, as though its a start to never ending questions. The kind who obviously do not even want to be there. Then quit you stupid fuck. These were the words screaming silently in my head. Why pass on bad service to other people?

He was obviously disinterested to serve me and answered my questions in monosyllables. And before I even finished, he had walked away. And i too, chose to walk out of the store. Why am I so upset, i hear you ask? Cos my company (which immediately translates to me) buy loads of furniture from them and at the rate we are expanding, we might as well buy over their store and make them our furniture division. And imagine the kind of experience he left me with? He had the cheek. The bastard.

There's also another bunch of sales people who try too hard to sell. By this i mean sales people who think I shit money - and they can't wait to get their hands on it. I walk in my favourite clothings store and these people are all over me - shoving clothes in my face. Clothes that i don't even wanna try.

I mean whats up with that? If i am interested, i will buy. If not, i won't. They don't have to molest me, right? Period.

5 Comments:

Blogger Webmiztris said...

it's the pushy salespeople that piss me off. the ones that say, 'can I help you find anything?' before i have my other foot in the door. let me BROWSE, dammit!

3:07 am  
Blogger zoe said...

sales people usually leave me well alone as in the winter i walk in any shop wearing dockers, jeans and any old top that i can find. the funny thing is that they always think that i'm not interested in their expensive products.

i always snigger when i walk out with a bottle of Eternity perfume, though - i only get it twice a year, so it's a treat :)

3:46 am  
Blogger Fuckkit said...

The worst are the ones that hand you clothes that are quite obviously a size too small.
These are the same kind of people that sit fat people in corners and small booths in restaurants because it's funny watching them try to get out again.

Ah well, when you're paid minimum wage I guess you gotta get your kicks somehow.

5:13 am  
Blogger Miss Jes said...

Dawn - I get that a lot.

Zoe - Yea must be like a slap to their faces. "See i can afford it!"

fuckkit - Lol, i've never seen it before but it'll be hilarious to watch fat people stuck in corners. :)

2:23 am  
Blogger Calvin aka Yamada Shun 山田駿 said...

I work as a temporary sales promoter. Maybe i can offer you an alternative perspective that i have on most Singaporean customers.

http://alchemistglobetrekker.blogspot.com/2005/12/singapore-service-standard-part-i.html

1:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home