Monday, January 30, 2006

Drink. Drank. Drunk.

It was Friday night and yeah i got drunk....again. Its funny how easily it is to get drunk after a similar episode not so long ago.

But this time round how can I not? After...

3 Tequila Sunrise
2 Vodka Cranberries
2 shots Tequila
2 Long Island Teas
2 Singapore Slings
1 Red Wine
More Vodka Cranberries (I lost count!)

All within 3 hours. Am i such a bad drinker or what?

The guy next to me had asked me if it was my birthday cos he probably saw me happily chugging all the drinks down my throat. Fortunately it wasn't - cos i would want a memorable birthday that I REMEMBER. Well, at least most of it. :)

Anyways I had asked to get drunk so I could forget how terrible the club we were at. As opposed to my frens, I thought it was the shittiest club. EVER. I hated the music. I hated the crowd. I hated everything about it. And I did not want to be selfish and spoil anyone's mood by getting them to get up and go to a place I much rather be at, since I was the only one who hated it. So it was only fair i grin drink and bear it. Right?

Well, after having too many drinks within a short span of time, I started to get snapshots of everything around me. THAT was a red alert for me to stop drinking. So I decided to leave earlier than the rest cos somehow I knew if i stayed any second longer...I was not gonna make it. Morever, I was already starting to doze off - so around 2.30 am i took a taxi home.

And guess what? When i got home I couldn't open the door to my house. Tried as I might I couldn't open the damn door. And i kept thinking "what is wrong with the door" all the while swaying back and forth like a little drunkard. That moment I knew how drunk I was. I did not want to risk falling asleep in front of my doorstep, let alone allow my mom to see me in that condition, so I left.

Its amazing how I managed to walk down afters - a 10-min walk to the roadside to flag a cab. How i had motivated myself with "BIG STEPS. BIG STEPS. You're gonna get there" when I felt like I was gonna collapse anytime. Amazing how I managed to tell the taxi driver directions to a hotel. And later check myself in and pay for everything.

But I couldn't open the door to my own house?

And now i recall how I kept trying a whole bunch of keys when there was only ONE KEY that could open the main door. And all my keys happen to be labelled. The funny things people do when they're drunk. Sigh.

And i thought the whole drama had ended when I got safely to the hotel to sleep. But no - I forgot to tell anyone my whereabouts. So it seemed that everyone of my frens from the previous night searched high and low for me when they realized I didn't get home. They tried calling my mobile but it was off because my stupid phone shuts down conveniently on its own.

Was I kidnapped? Was I sleeping somewhere in the streets? Was I taken advantage of by someone?

So they started calling up other frens to check if I was at their homes. And they had decided if I didn't call any of them by noon - they were gonna conduct a search for me. Thank god I woke up at 11am! Turned on my mobile and saw tons of messages filtering in. And saved us all further dramas. Phew!

When i told my frens what happened, they found my story incredulous. One of them didn't believe I spent the night in a hotel - ALONE. It must have been a night of passion she had insisted. You must have been with someone, she had persisted.

Like how the hell was I gonna have sex if I couldn't even open my own front door?! Damn.

No more drinks for me. Not anytime soon.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have even FOUND the door, let alone not be able to open it! haha lol...

5:30 am  
Blogger The Unknown said...

...you get him or her to open it.

You had the wrong key, I had the wrong door. Cheers!

6:32 am  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

a hotel? that's an expensive night! I would have just kept trying the door through my tears of frustration....lol

11:47 pm  
Blogger Ian Edwards said...

Sounds like a fantastic night to me! At least it's one you'll never forget

11:34 am  
Blogger Jay said...

Whew, that's a good one.

3:28 pm  
Blogger Michele said...

Do you drink to forget that you drink?Stop by for a drink of jazz coffee.

5:12 am  
Blogger X said...

which shitty club was it? there's lotsa new ones springinng up in clarke quay last i heard

9:57 am  
Blogger Miss Jes said...

lady muck - Lol. I rather have not found the door since I couldn't open it!

Unknown - oh. my. god. I hope you have an understanding neighbour?

mrsmogul - i think you probably still have a hangover or something. :)

Dawn - i had no idea how long i stood there but I knew i had to leave before i collapsed!

ian & jay - it is definitely unforgettable.

michele - No i drink so that I have a reason to make things up. :)

sorrow x - the shit club was O bar along Mohamed Sultan road. You have been warned! Lol. On a serious note - the clarke quay ones are highly recommended. :)

2:29 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home