Monday, March 06, 2006

Old friends

Sometimes I feel old friends should remain in the past.

They should stay and be a part of my film-like memories. Memories of good times, fun-filled laughter and silly fights.

They should never come back. They should never bump into me. Or give me a call and make up some lousy excuses of why they disappeared. Or why we stopped talking. Or even try to rekindle a relationship that is lost. Its so much better that way.

Because most of the time, the common ground shared, is gone. Too many changes. Too much difference between us.

Because the bond etched in our hearts, has long weathered by itself. Too much time has gone by. Too many things have happened.

Because its awkward to sit across each other and think of something to say. Too much space in between. Too familiar with the heavy silence.

Because its so exhausting to keep reminiscing events in the past. Because we no longer have a place for each other in the present.

And we are now like strangers. No longer the same people we used to be.

And i too, have new best friends now.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mr. G said...

Please give me another chance, we can make it work I promise. I could and will never see you as a stranger.

11:09 am  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

i know the feeling... I have two old friends that tried to re-hook up with me in the past few years. it just didn't work. too much time lost is right.

3:47 am  
Blogger Jay said...

I've lost touch with ALL my old friends. I don't believe in maintaining friendships just for the sake of it.

5:01 am  
Blogger Jay said...

That is so so so so so so so true.

2:50 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home