Friday, February 16, 2007

The End

When we met last night, I had asked myself how did I ever fail to see that what we have is indeed beautiful.

Two great friends sharing life over a cup of tea. Easy coversation and unpretentious laughter. Why did I allow anyone to influence me into thinking it should be more?

Eventhough there are times when I'm so tired of fighting for his time. And he, on the other hand, does the same.

Conclusion? We don't have the luxury of time at our feet. Not for anything other than this wonderful friendship.

Because at the end of the day, I realize I can't be with a man who constantly questions my faith and beliefs. We will never surpass the religion barrier. Not even in M.A's dreams.

Because I can't live my life being second-best. I can't live life constantly trying to live up to his expectations of another woman. i have to stay true to myself.

Because he's there - conveniently playing the role of someone available. And I'm here - toying with the idea of being in love. Just...not with him.

And when December comes, I'm going to walk into M.A's office, look her straight in the eye and say, "You are so so wrong".

Because I have decided. I don't want anything more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jay said...

Not anything?

6:43 pm  
Blogger Miss Jes said...

Jay - not for now i guess.

11:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home