Thursday, January 18, 2007

My two-year plan

So before I hit 25 or 26, I planned for us to get our own studio. A small little cosy place close to town.

See Singapore real estate law allows any joint singles to purchase a private housing together. So it'll work out for both us.

But why joint singles, I hear you ask? Cos I don't think I want to marry him yet.

I'll have to make sure he has at least 50k in his CPF ordinary account, cos by that time I will, if not more. And not to mention cash savings too, for rainy days.

And both of us will have to earn 4.5k at the minimum so that we won't have to pay cash for the house. And more importantly, we won't have to curb our spending at all. Cos i have...errr...quite expensive taste.

Maybe part of it will go to our car, a very small one, cos I don't believe in driving here. If he wants to, he has to convince me first. And if he doesn't succeed, he'll just have to pay for it. And on top of that, drive me around.

I imagine us having our friends over on our weekends. We'll have a small wine cellar for me and the best friend. He has to learn how to appreciate wine. And know how to swim too, so he can teach me. I must look up to him in some way right?

And we must have a barbecue pit - I love organizing parties and all that stuff.

We have to have a nice kitchen with some sort of attached bar counter cos I love to cook. Why a bar counter? So he can have a beer every now and then. And watch me cook. Or even better, we'll cook together. Its good cos we won't have to spend too much eating out.

I can't clean for nuts - but I already know how to fix that. We'll just get a weekend maid to do our laundry and keep our house spick and span. And because i don't trust people easily, I already know someone who can do that.

And we'll both travel a fair bit, so we'll have time to miss each other. Distance makes the heart grow fonder. To be blunt, its just so that I won't get sick of him.

And at least when we return from our worldy travels, with our worn-out luggages and exotic experiences, it'll be to our own private sanctuary. A place we call home.

Nice plan huh?

Now all I need is a boyfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home